Do you or someone you know struggle with sleep or relaxation? Essential oils can help. Relaxing, soothing, anti-spasmodic essential oils can help
Many people think lavender (Lavendula angustafolia) when they think relaxation but there are many essential oils that support sleep and relaxation. Here are a few of my favorites.
1. Lavender: (Lavendula angustafolia) is definitely one of my favorites. It's a wonderful tonic and very relaxing. Lavender acts as a tonic, and has anti-anxiety, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, nervine, and sedative properties. It's also great at calming skin and muscle issues. It can be used to help relax the mind and body, ease aches, and calm an overactive mind.
2. Ylang-ylang (Cananga odorata): this sweet floral oil acts as a CNS sedative, hypotensive, tonic, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic. A little goes a long way.
3. Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides): Vetiver is earthy and not everyone enjoys its aroma but it's deeply relaxing and you can hide the aroma in a blend. This is another of my favorites for relaxation and sleep. Vetiver essential oil can act as a CNS sedative and anti-inflammatory but also offers immunostimulant and skin supportive properties.
4. Cedarwood (Juniperus virginiana): Cedarwood has a deep, woodsy aroma. Cedarwood offers CNS sedative and anti-inflammatory properties. It also offers decongesting and expectorant properties.
5. Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile): This apple scented floral oil is relaxing and great at soothing aches. It's anti-spasmodic, CNS sedative, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory.
There are many other essential oils that can support relaxation and sleep and much more information available about the oils mentioned above.
Visit reputable essential oil sites or contact me if you'd learn more about them and how to use them. Or stop by the apothecary to purchase essential oils or Be Kekoa Apothecary blends to support relaxation and sleep.
As always feel free to contact me with any questions.